Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wardrobe tales

I had the perfect pair of black pants once. If you are a girl who wears pants, I am sure you can understand how lucky I was.

They were a super-slimming Prada pair in a black stretchy fabric that never seemed to get stretched out or damaged. They made me look like I actually had a butt and made my legs look incredibly long.

I wore these pants everywhere, for a few years. Then the inevitable happened: they started breaking. I took them to a tailor and had them fixed, but they soon broke again. I went back to the tailor a few times until he told me he couldn't save them anymore.
And since then... I am constantly looking for a pair as gorgeous.

I think there are a few pieces of clothing that we all (even non-fashionistas) will remember for the rest of our lives. My pair of incredible Prada pants is definitely one of those pieces for me. I am pretty sure I will miss them until I find a pair as good, if not longer!

(the pic is not of my pants, mine were even cooler, but from Shopstyle)

2 comments:

  1. Oh such a shame they broke. Black pants are definitely a dream if you find the perfect pair, but I know from experience how hard it can be to find one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the perfect pair of straight leg jeans-until I slipped on the ice and split the bottoms! I patched them up 3 or 4 times until I had to let them go, and I was heartbroken!

    ReplyDelete