Isn't this the most beautiful iPad case you ever saw?
(You can get it at Net-a-porter, where the pic is from too)
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Now, if I could just get a Hermes-bag for my birthday too... ;)
Second of all, getting married means you are busy for weeks before the wedding, which I never realized. I thought the week before might be stressful, but not a whole month before. So I am certainly keeping busy with various wedding related tasks, and to make it worse, I also need to sort out my finances rather quickly, for two reasons:
1. I recently opened a small business (nothing fashion related, I am afraid. Not yet anyway!), and in order to expand it, you need all your paperwork to be in perfect order, you need to fill out so many tax forms, take care of irs extensions and much more. I have been putting this off for ages, but I realized I might have to pass up on some really nice business opportunities only because I've been lazy, which is really stupid, so I need to get everything back on track.
2. We are thinking of buying a house or an apartment of our own after the wedding, and in order to do this, you need to take care of all kinds of paperwork as well.
So here I am, basically sitting in a big mess (for now, I hope it will be sorted out soon) of wedding dresses, wedding shoes, papers and files, but I am pretty sure everything will be finished on time.
And all I am wondering is: How do all the brides in movies and tv-shows have time to get cold feet right before the wedding? I've never been busier in my entire life!
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
I've mentioned that I bought a pair of white Louboutins for my wedding, and La Petite Cocquin made me promise I would show them off here.
So here you go:
So here you go:
Monday, April 18, 2011
... this adorable dress from the Target/Calypso St. Barth collaboration, to be released on the 1st of May.
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Friday, April 15, 2011
Not because of financial reasons, really (even though I am sure that plays a huge part for a lot of people, but I was lucky enough to find most things I wanted for very reasonable prices), but more because you get exhausted from the hunt for all the wedding related things, so I really haven't felt like shopping besides that.
It is the first time in my life when all kinds of fashion items do not appeal to me that much, which has been a very interesting experience.
Instead, I have just been buying things I really, really need, such as groceries, the smallest amount of makeup I can get by with, a new sofa and so on.
But I have to say, I look forward to getting back into my old habits, where shopping was fun, again! Just a month left to go!
(pic from Passagen)
When it comes to handbags, I do not judge anyone else for going for the cheapies, I just spend a lot on handbags because I happen to love them myself, but sunglasses is another thing completely. You see, I live in a very sunny country and I have met people several times who have harmed their eyes and their vision by wearing cheap sunglasses that did not protect their eyes properly. So if there was one fashion tip (and health tip!) that I would really want to share with my reader it is that buying quality sunglasses, and even designer ones, is always worth it if you can swing it. Here is why:
1. Like I mentioned, they last longer. Huge plus already.
2. They always protect your eyes properly and are not just made of plastic that looks okay, but has no good qualities to it.
3. They often have warranties, so you can have them fixed if something should happen to them shortly after you buy them. (Actually, I am not sure this is the case all over the world, but it is where I live anyway)
4. They usually come with a whole kit that you need to take care of them, in order to help them last even longer. These accessories (some of them really awesome!) are something you will not be getting if you buy a cheaper pair.
I would also like to add that even though I do not wear eyeglasses myself (I always wanted to though, because of the cliche of eyeglass wearers being smart, and because there are simply so many great eyeglasses out there!), I do have several friends who do, and they tell me the same thing goes for designer eyeglasses versus cheap ones as well, the difference is huge. So if you need eyeglasses, always go for quality there too!
(pic from Flickr)
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Because is there any better time to splurge than for your wedding?
I figured not, so I ordered a pair of beautiful white Louboutins, and I can't wait for them to arrive! I hope they look just as good IRL as they do in pics!
(pic from Butterboom)
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Friday, April 1, 2011
This spring, I really like the nude trend (as in the color, nothing else!) but I haven't really found that many nude colored pieces of clothing that I like, so I decided to get some nude accessories instead. That's why I bought this nude colored bag...