Thursday, January 30, 2014

A trend I am so not sure of...

... is the high fashion sneakers, seen in both Chanel's Spring 2014 Couture show:





and the Dior Spring 2014 Couture show:


(the Chanel sneakers are by far nicer than the Dior ones if you ask me!)

You see, I have always believed that it is hard to be really fashionable in these types of shoes, and that they should be worn for sports - or possibly long walks at most! - only. I also believed most Parisians thought the same... So it's really kind of surprising to me that both Chanel and Dior seem to think that sneakers are fine for any type of occasion, and should be matched with high end clothing.

That said, of course any fashion that allows us to be more comfortable in our daily lives is a positive thing. So I do think a lot of people will like this trend, but I have to say I really don't like the look of these shoes, and would not be wearing them like they were worn in the shows. I think Converse are a much more chic option for a casual look instead, and for a fraction of the price of these shoes too!

(all images are from Style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment